General Rural Resources
There are many organizations throughout rural Nevada, designed to help everyone live our fullest, most independent lives. You can click the links to learn more, or reach out to us at email@example.com and we can help you navigate them.
- Access To Healthcare Network provides access to healthcare for the uninsured or under insured.
- Alzheimer’s Association of Northern California and Northern Nevada provides support, education, training and other resources to increase knowledge and to support those facing Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias or memory loss.
- Care Chest serves individuals in need by providing medical resources, free of charge.
- Catholic Charities of Northern Nevada provides support to those in need in the Reno/Sparks community as well as across rural Nevada. They help people of all cultures and beliefs rise up out of poverty and overcome the barriers to self-sufficiency, through a broad range of services, including food resources, case management and residential programs.
- Family Resource Centers are located throughout Nevada and provide case management, information, and referrals for individuals and families in need of assistance in accessing services and programs that will strengthen and support the family.
- The Food Bank of Northern Nevada provides food for families in need through more than 145 partner agencies across northern Nevada and the eastern slope of the Sierra in California.
- National Federation of the Blind of Nevada assists blind people in acquiring skills of independence and leadership, while developing confidence in themselves.
- Neighbor Network of Northern Nevada provides free respite to care partners of older adults and people with disabilities.
- Nevada 211 helps Nevadans connect with services they need.
- Nevada Dept. of Veterans Services provides a variety of services for veterans.
- The Nevada Disability Advocacy & Law Center (NDALC) is a private, statewide non-profit organization that serves as Nevada’s federally-mandated protection and advocacy system for human, legal and service rights for individuals with disabilities.
- Nevada Health Centers has locations throughout Nevada, providing access to quality healthcare services throughout Nevada, and offering a sliding fee scale based on federal poverty levels.
- Nevada JobConnect Career Centers are user-friendly facilities located throughout the state that provide businesses and job seekers with personalized attention and a variety of valuable services, including job listings, job placement, work registration, labor market information, career information and guidance, assessment, information about education and training opportunities, information on filing for unemployment insurance, resume preparation, and referrals to other partner agency services.
- Nevada Legal Services is a team of knowledgeable legal experts and volunteer professionals providing personalized assistance to help individuals and families seek and obtain the best use of all legal resources available.
- Nevada Rural Counties RSVP Program provides well-trained volunteers that assist seniors and others in need with lifesaving services.
- Nevada Rural Housing Authority (NHRA)’s mission is to promote, provide, and finance affordable housing opportunities for all rural Nevadans.
- Nevada Talking Book Services provides Braille and reading instruction, literacy programs, Braille books, and audio books and magazines and players to those who qualify for this free service. All reading materials are sent to and returned by readers through postage-free mail.
- Northern Nevada Community Housing develops, owns, and manages high-quality affordable housing, coupled with supportive services for those most in need in our community.
- Northern Nevada Senior Centers, listed by county.
P.A.C.E. (Practical Adult Cardiac Experiences) is a non-profit organization designed for young adults who were diagnosed with a heart problem as a child and are looking for a network of support, education about the adult cardiac world, increased communication skills, as well as fun and challenging experiences.
- Rural Nevada Development Corporation provides assistance and financing opportunities to small businesses and healthy, safe, affordable housing to people in Nevada.
- Senior Service Network provides multiple services for seniors in the greater Northern Nevada area.
- Silver State Fair Housing Council works to ensure equal housing opportunity for all residents of Nevada, by providing a comprehensive program of outreach, education and enforcement opportunities.